Monday, January 21, 2013

Well this is awkward.

After you haven't posted in awhile, where do you begin? I could write one long post of what we've been up to but let's be real, I don't want to. I'm a short and sweet, get to the point kinda gal so today you get filled in on what is the latest and greatest here.

The biggest news is after renting a home for two years since moving to Texas, we are planting roots and buying a house! We.are.so.excited.!!! We are staying in the same area but moving far enough away the kids will be changing elementary schools. They already know friends at the new school so it should be an easy transition.

We close on the house tomorrow and first things first, I need to paint a couple rooms...okay who am I kidding, every room needs painted but the living room is a must before furniture goes in!  I have my paint samples ready to go tomorrow, ha!

I would like to say I have everything packed and ready to go but a) I have a 14 month old who is a VERY busy kid  b) he has been sick and c) I despise packing. Literally, I am keeping things in drawers and driving a couple miles to the new house and unloading. We of course had to back boxes and you would think after oh I don't know a dozen moves we would be professionals, but no.

My mom booked a flight back in October for long weekend here, little did we know it would be the week we move. She flies here in a couple days just in time for all the big furniture to be moved, I am so thankful she will be here to keep the kids occupied. Of course we have plans to go antique shopping and just shopping in general.

I promise I will keep up here, I have some fun things to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment